We partner with schools and organizations in communities impacted by violence and poverty to teach young people critical lifelong leadership skills, preparing them for college, career, and positive engagement in their communities.
We envision a society based on respect, compassion, and shared responsibility in which youth are engaged and empowered to succeed in school, in work, and in civic life.
1. Youth impacted by violence and poverty, when given the opportunity and tools to lead in their communities, can improve their own lives and the lives of others.
2. Developing strong, positive relationships with other youth and with caring adults creates the conditions for positive transformation.
3. Passion -- when combined with humility, experience, and resolve -- is the foundation of leadership and success.
4. Project-based learning is essential to achieving engagement and empowerment.
5. Leadership programs should meet people where they are and be adaptable to a broad spectrum of youth and mentors.
6. In building strong, respectful, and effective partnerships with the schools, agencies, and professionals with whom we work.